What this notice covers
This privacy notice explains the use of personal information within the digital media services provided by us on this website and any related websites and services.
It does not cover any information that we may have about you in other contexts. That information is managed separately and is not linked.
Who we are
This website and service is operated by us (Shadow Digital Media Ltd, The Engine House, 77 Station Road, Petersfield, Hampshire, GU32 3FQ, United Kingdom).
You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are the information controller in respect of this website and service. We are regulated in the United Kingdom.
What type of information we have
If you choose to share it with us, we currently collect and process the following information:
- Any information you send to us as a result of your own actions, for example if you telephone, email or write to us.
- We may also collect information about your use of the services and your online actions when you visit the services and browse, download, or interact with the content. This information is typically collected anonymously but in some circumstances may be linked to your personal details if we have them.
We may not collect all of this information in all cases.
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you:
- When you register for a user account
- When you choose to use additional services that may be offered from time to time (for example, requesting email alerts or registered interest in attending an event) and supply additional information
- When you use the website or services
Our justification for processing information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- There is a legitimate interest.
For example, in order to provide the website services or carry administration, development and marketing and other similar business activities.
- We have your consent.
From time to time we may ask for your explicit consent for certain types of information processing (for example, to send you certain categories of email messages) or where you accept terms (for example for a specific event or activity).
- To fulfil a contract
If you enter into a contract with us for provision of services, or ask us for a quote or other pre-contract information, we may process information onthis basis.
What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us in order to
- Provide services to you in connection with the operation of this media website and related services
- Carry out statistical and behavioural analysis of how the site and related services are used
- We will not share your information with anyone else, unless we are obliged to do so by law.
- We may use subcontractors or third-party providers to deliver the service but they do not have the right to use your information for any other purpose.
How we store your information
Your information is stored on computer databases in various international locations.
We keep the information for as long as necessary to provide the services. If we cease providing the services or website, we will not retain the information.
Additionally, backup copies of data may be retained for a reasonable period in case of audit or other reasonable requirements.
We take reasonable measures to keep the information secure, but we urge you not to submit sensitive or highly confidential information as our systems are not designed to provide the appropriate level of protection for this type of information.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we will respond to you within one calendar month.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
In the first instance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a complaint.
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are unhappy with how we have used your data or responded to a complaint.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
Information about cookies and similar technologies
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer (or other electronic device such as a mobile telephone or tablet) when you use our website or services. “Similar technologies” means that when we talk about cookies in this section, we also include other similar technologies that may store information on your device.
We divide the cookies we use into two categories:
- Necessary Functional Cookies.
Without these, our website will not function correctly. For example, features such as identifying you if you log in (where required), linking to certain extent content, streaming video files, and storing items in your basket may not be able function without them. You cannot turn off these cookies.
- Performance and Analysis.
These cookies are used to help understand how users use our services, for example which pages are viewed most often, which items are most downloaded, how long users spend on each page, and when users experience delays or problems. This helps us to improve our services. We do not routinely link information you have provided when registering or using services to information that is collected through analytics cookies to develop a personal profile of you or to link with any other personal information we hold about you. (However, we may collect information about your use of personalised services in other ways, if they are provided and you choose to use them.)
These cookies are not essential, and you have the choice to allow or disallow them. If you disallow them, we may still collect analytics information about your use of the website without using cookies, but it may be less accurate.
Your current choice is:
Some cookies may be set by specialist third-party service providers that we use on our services (for example to display social media feeds or to provide video streaming).
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some features may not function if you do this.
This privacy notice was prepared on 20 May 2020. We may need to update this notice from time to time, so you should recheck it periodically. If you do not want to accept this notice, you should not use our website(s) or service(s).